Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Personal Hurrah and the Road Ahead

So I'm using this post to explain my hiatus from blogging.

I just recently graduated (May 10th) from The College of Charleston with B.S.'s in Data Science (cognate, an effective minor, in molecular biology) and Computer Science with a minor in mathematics.

I am now pursuing the Master's program at The College of Charleston for 2 years. This is the Computer and Information Sciences program - the concentration I am following is the Computer Science track, which is more of a classical theory-based approach to Computer Science. While doing this, I will be conducting research, hopefully as a GRA, graduate research assistant.

Currently, I am doing research for the summer between these programs with Dr. Anderson and others working with building and modifying machine learning algorithms. A lot of the specifics cannot really be elaborated upon at this point in time, but hopefully I will be able to disperse that information at some point because this work is going to be great and is quite the departure from my normal research routines. We're just waiting on IRB approval so I can get going with the data for the project.

Also, I have recently showed an undergraduate student the basic development environment for working with Learn2Mine. I am still one of the lead developers on the project, but a lot of the maintenance will slowly be transitioned to this undergraduate student as he becomes comfortable with the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment